1. H.P. Acthar Gel (repository corticotropin injection) [prescribing information]. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.
2. Baram TZ, Mitchell WG, Tournay A, Snead OC III, Hanson RA, Horton EJ. High-dose corticotropin (ACTH) versus prednisone for infantile spasms: a prospective, randomized, blinded study. Pediatrics. 1996;97(3):375-379.
3. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc. Peripheral and Central Nervous System Advisory Committee Briefing Document. April 5, 2010.
4. Shields D. Infantile spasms. Child Neurology Foundation website. http://www.childneurologyfoundation.org/disorders/infantile-spasms/. Accessed June 23, 2016.
5. Go CY, Mackay MT, Weiss SK, et al; for Child Neurology Society, American Academy of Neurology. Evidence-based guideline update: medical treatment of infantile spasms. Report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society. Neurology. 2012;78(24):1974-1980.
6. Hrachovy RA, Frost JD Jr. Severe encephalopathic epilepsy in infants: infantile spasms (West syndrome). In: Pellock JM, Bourgeois BFD, Dodson WE, Nordli DR Jr, Sankar R, eds. Pediatric Epilepsy: Diagnosis and Therapy. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Demos Medical Publishing; 2008:249-268.
7. Shields WD. Infantile spasms: little seizures, big consequences. Epilepsy Curr. 2006;6(3):63-69.
8. Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey. Types of seizures. Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey website. http://www.efnj.com/resources/about-epilepsy/types-of-seizures/. Accessed June 23, 2016.
9. Wang CJ, Jonas R, Fu CM, Ng CY, Douglass L. Quality-of-care indicators for infantile spasms. J Child Neurol. 2013;28(1):13-20.
10. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Approval letter: H.P. Acthar Gel. October 15, 2010.
11. Hrachovy RA, Frost JD Jr, Kellaway P, Zion T. A controlled study of ACTH therapy in infantile spasms. Epilepsia. 1980;21(6):631-636.
12. Snead OC 3rd, Benton JW, Myers GJ. ACTH and prednisone in childhood seizure disorders. Neurology. 1983;33(8):966-970.
13. Snead OC 3rd, Benton JW Jr, Hosey LC, et al. Treatment of infantile spasms with high-dose ACTH: efficacy and plasma levels of ACTH and cortisol. Neurology. 1989;39(8):1027-1031.
14. Data on file: RD-004-00. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.
15. Knupp KG, Coryell J, Nickels KC, et al. Response to treatment in a prospective national infantile spasms cohort. Ann Neurol. 2016;79(3):475-484.
16. Data on file: RD-006-00. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.
17. Data on file: RD-016-00. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.
18. Hrachovy RA, Glaze DG, Frost JD Jr. A retrospective study of spontaneous remission and long-term outcome in patients with infantile spasms. Epilepsia. 1991;32(2):212-214.
19. Pranzatelli MR, Chun KY, Moxness M, Tate ED, Allison TJ. Cerebrospinal fluid ACTH and cortisol in opsoclonus-myoclonus: effect on therapy. Pediatr Neurol. 2005;33(2):121-126.
20. Data on file: RD-010-00. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.
21. Data on file: RD-011-00. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.
22. Mosteller RD. Simplified calculation of body-surface area. N Engl J Med. 1987;317(17):1098.
23. Data on file. Payer information. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc.